Introducing the upgraded PenFriend 3 Voice Labeling System! This best-selling, low-cost, audio labeler for blind and visually impaired users lets you label anything and everything with discreet audio labels all in your own voice. Easily record and re-record information using this versatile, pocket-sized, easy-to-use labeling system. You can instantly play back the recordings anywhere simply using the PenFriend 3.
The upgraded PenFriend 3 is slimmer in design than the original model, has 4 simple yellow tactile operating buttons that contrast against the black casing of the device. These buttons are designed to make it easier for the blind or visually impaired user to locate and use.
Use to label food/freezer items, film/music collections, household objects. Organize letters and other paperwork. Record shopping lists, leave audio messages, or use it as a portable note-taker at the office or classroom— just record your message and keep track of it by placing the allocated label in a small notebook.
- Label food items – including freezer food, with use-by dates, cooking instructions and dietary information.
- Identify your shopping – label items as you place them into your basket, so you know what they are when you get home.
- Place audible notes on medicine packaging and cosmetics.
- Organise household paperwork and personal documents.
- Identify your film and music collections.
- Label your clothing – washing instructions, colours, coordinating items of clothing and accessories.
- Organise your gardening seed packets and potting tools.
- Listen to music – you can store approximately 1,000 songs in MP3 format.
- Listen to Talking Books – you can save one book at a time.
- Internal memory: 8GB internal memory stores up to 250 hours of recordings. Memory is expandable by SD card up to 32GB.
- Each label holds a message up to one hour long.
- Record new messages on to any label to reuse them where possible.
- Four yellow tactile operating buttons contrast against the black casing of the PenFriend.
- Size: 15 × 2.5 × 2cm (5.9 × 0.98 × 0.79 inches).
- Tip size: 1cm (0.3 inches).
- 1 year manufacturer's limited warranty
Note: Accessories listed in the manual are incorrect. Included accessories are the below:
- PenFriend 3 audio labeller
- 104 orange and yellow self-adhesive tactile labels
- One keyfob; with four recording spots
- “Getting started” audio instruction card; with 15 ideas for using your RNIB PenFriend 3
- Two AAA batteries already inserted
You must buy extra label packs in sequence to ensure you don't have duplicate labels; they are individually numbered. If you have two with identical numbers both labels will read out the newest recording attached to that number. After you've used the labels supplied with your PenFriend purchase Pack A of the general purpose tactile labels, then Pack B and so on.
Please note, the PenFriend does not scan and read text.
Penfriend Labels Available:
NOTE: The PenFriend 3 can only read old PenFriend 2 and 1 labels if the old PenFriend 2 and 1 memory is downloaded to the PenFriend 3. This may be accomplished using the PenFriend 2 or 1 to PenFriend 3 File Conversion Utility which can be downloaded free of charge from the following link.