Explore CNIB SmartLife Tech @ Home
Every Canadian with sight loss has the right to access accessible technology, but we know transportation can be a barrier. The solution? CNIB SmartLife brings the showroom to you.
The CNIB SmartLife Tech @ Home program allows participants to test cutting-edge accessible devices from the comfort of their own homes and beyond. Our unique mission is to improve access and positively impact the well-being of all Canadians living with sight loss.
How does it work?
1. Needs Assessment
2. Book Trial
Complete a loan agreement and pay your security deposit.
3. Explore & Evaluate
Enjoy a 1:1 coaching session with a SmartLife Coach and start exploring your new products anywhere, and everywhere.
4. Get your New Product
Return your demo and we’ll ship you a brand-new product.
Who is it for?
CNIB SmartLife Tech @ Home is available for anyone living with sight loss who would like to try innovative products.
What products are included?
- Digital Handheld Magnifiers such as the Explore 8, Ruby 7 and many more.
- Sight Enhancement / Sight Substitution Technology such as Orcam, Envision and more.
- More coming soon.
Check out the CNIB Smartlife catalogue to browse the most popular items from CNIB SmartLife’s wide range of helpful consumer products.
What products can be trialled in this program?
Portable Electronic Video Magnifiers:
Wearable Electronic Video Magnifiers:
Wearable Text-To-Speech devices:
Standalone - Text-To-Speech:
Orientation and Mobility Assistants:
Why choose CNIB SmartLife Tech @ Home?
CNIB SmartLife Tech @ Home is an interactive retail experience like no other. What makes us different?
- Try products risk free, and from the comfort and privacy of your own home.
- Our experienced and knowledgeable SmartLife Coaches will help you try devices that best suit your needs.
- Exclusive products from the most innovative retailers in accessible technology.
- Ideal if you are unable to visit one of our many CNIB SmartLife locations across Canada.
- We invest all our proceeds back into CNIB to help provide life-changing programs for people with sight loss.
What our participants are saying
“I was sent the Explore5 and within two days I knew this is the device for me. It is smaller and easier when I am shopping and fits into my purse. I couldn’t be more pleased with my new product.” – Beverly H., Participant
“I recently purchased the Vision Buddy. I can now watch football, hockey, and other shows and actually see who the people are. I received excellent customer service and it has made a big difference in my viewing pleasure.” – Bob C., Participant
How to get started
- Needs assessment
- Book your trial
- Explore and evaluate
- Get your new product
To get started, fill out this form to complete the needs assessment and book your trial.
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. EST.