The LyriQ Assistive Reader
The LyriQ Assistive Text-to-Speech Reader is an AUTOMATIC SCAN text-to-speech reader, which means the user does not have to press any buttons for simple and immediate text-to-speech conversion.
The LyriQ also has an incredible fifteen (15) hour rechargeable battery, weighs only 3lbs, and folds flat for easy portability.
The LyriQ is designed to assist people living with blindness or vision impairments by scanning printed documents and read them out loud.
It is spectacularly fast, extremely accurate, and very easy to use. With the LyriQ Assistive Text-to-Speech Reader, you can read a book, an envelope, the letter that came in it, a prescription label, and anything else.
Place the document on the device’s base surface: the LyriQ will immediately scan it and start reading the contents out loud: no waiting, pressing buttons or any other ways of getting frustrated. The interactive and responsive LyriQ takes a couple of seconds to start the text to speech.
The LyriQ Assistive Reader Key Pad (included with purchase)
Using an optional keypad, you can navigate text by character, word, sentence, or paragraph.
Advantages of the LyriQ Assistive Reader
- Simple: place the printed page on the LyriQ Reader’s reading surface and start listening to the contents
- Responsive: immediate result and feedback. No getting lost, no confusing waiting
- Compact: fold flat, store like a laptop
- Intuitive: minimal actions are necessary to make use of other (basic, few, and important) device features – convenient large tactile buttons support and assist every step of the way
- Bluetooth-enabled: connect to external speakers or hearing aids
- Battery / AC powered: all-day lasting battery allows taking the device from the living room couch to the kitchen island and outside to the patio for relaxed and pleasant reading, or plug into an outlet if sitting close by.
- Supported Text: Can read any printed text
- Speakers: 2 front mounted speakers inside of the triangular camera stand
- Additional Audio: 3.5 mm headphone jack, optional directions within the manual to connect via external speaker or hearing aids via bluetooth
- Battery Life: Can be used plugged into an outlet or via built-in battery (fully charged battery can last up to 12 hours)
- Internal Memory: No internal memory, but documents can be scanned and saved to a USB drive (not included) and saved both as a text and mp3 format
- Weight: 3 Pounds
- Folded Dimensions: 12 inches x 12 inches x 2 inches
- Warranty: 2 Years
What's in the Box?
- The LyriQ Carrying Case
- The LyriQ Device
- Power Supply/Charger
- Keypad and Keypad USB charging cable
- Product Manual