Brailliant BI 40X braille display
The faster, stronger, future–forward braille display
The NEW, future-ready 40-cell refreshable braille device is designed with connectivity and productivity in mind. With the introduction of Bluetooth 5 Wireless technology the Brailliant BI 40X is the first to market braille display to take advantage of the robust and reliable connection, allowing for a pairing that is 2x faster and capable of 4x the distance over previous Bluetooth technology. The Brailliant BI 40X connects to multiple devices at once and delivers a smarter, more user-friendly experience to new refreshable braille display users.
User-driven experience with every stroke
KeySoft Lite is a user-friendly interface that lets you accomplish daily tasks through its onboard KeySoft suite of applications. It powers the Brailliant BI 20X providing an intuitive transition to those who have previously used any KeySoft-enabled HumanWare device.
Customizable braille experience
Have full control over your writing and reading experienceby selecting the braille table of your choice. Hide or show applications by customizing KeySofts Lite Main Menu and configure thumb keys to match your braille reading preference. The Brailliant BI X series gives you flexibility through its storage options and the included onboard braille translation ensures compatibility with various file types. Saving, opening and transferring data could not be easier.
Carry your library in your pocket and read at your speed!
Connect via your Wi-Fi-enabled Brailliant BI 40X and use the Victor Reader app to download resources instantly from online libraries such as Bookshare, NLS BARD, NFB Newsline and many more to follow. Read a book effortlessly using the HumanWare signature thumb keys, or through the enabling of Automatic scrolling that will refresh the braille display to your reading speed.
Take notes during your meeting using the KeySoft Lite editor application, KeyPad. Easily switch to your connected screen reader to send emails or a text. The ergonomic keyboard of your Brailliant BI 40X, adds to the enjoyment of writing comfortably and in near silence.
What's in the box
- Brailliant BI 40X Braille display
- Micro fibre carrying case and should strap
- USB-C Cable
- Power supply
- Printed quick start guide
- 40 cells braille display with cursor routing keys
- Connects to 5 Bluetooth devices and 1 USB device simultaneously
- 20 hrs battery life
- Wake up iOS function
- Connect to participating online libraries including Bookshare, NLS BARD and NFB Newsline
- Government mode (optional on purchase)
- Exam mode
- Onboard applications powered by KeySoft Lite including Daisy
- BookReader and Editor
- Onboard braille translation
- File compatibility includes docx, brf, brl, txt, html and pdf
- HumanWare signature thumb keys for ergonomic reading
- 8 dot Perkins keyboard with 2 space bars
- 6 command keys
- Battery life: 20 hours
Screen reader compatibility with JAWS 18 and above, Dolphin SuperNova, NVDA, VoiceOver iOS and MAC iOS
- Editor: KeyPad
- Calculator: KeyCalc
- Date and time
- Online libraries
- Victor Reader
- French fr
- French ca
- Portuguese Brazil
- Device weight: 690 g (1.5 lbs)
- Device dimensions (w x d x h): 304 x 89 x 20 mm / 12’’ x 3.5’’ x 0.8‘’
- Non–removable battery
- 256 MB of RAM memory
- 32 GB of internal storage capacity to serve as the boot device, firmware and data storage
- 32–bit ARM based Cortex®-A5, 536MHz processor
- Bluetooth 5 technology
- Audio Codec with volume control, microphone input, 1W stereo speaker output and stereo headphones output (currently inactive)
- Rechargeable 2500 mAh Li-Ion battery
- USB type C device high speed interface for connection to a computer and recharge.
- USB 2.0 type A host to connect an external thumb drive (FAT32 and xFAT )
- Real Time clock
- 801.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless module for Wi–Fi connectivity (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) and Bluetooth 5.0
- Vibration motor for haptic feedback
- 2-year Warranty