Brailliant BI 20X braille display
Smart things come in small packages
The NEW, portable 20-cell refreshable braille device is the perfect companion to any mobile device that makes reading enjoyable while keeping you connected on the go.
User-driven experience with every stroke
KeySoft Lite is a user-friendly interface that lets you accomplish daily tasks through its onboard KeySoft suite of applications. It powers the Brailliant BI 20X providing an intuitive transition to those who have previously used any KeySoft-enabled HumanWare device.
Customizable braille experience
Have full control over your writing and reading experienceby selecting the braille table of your choice. Hide or show applications by customizing KeySofts Lite Main Menu and configure thumb keys to match your braille reading preference. The Brailliant BI X series gives you flexibility through its storage options and the included onboard braille translation ensures compatibility with various file types. Saving, opening and transferring data could not be easier.
Carry your library in your pocket and read at your speed!
Connect via your Wi-Fi-enabled Brailliant BI 20X and use the Victor Reader app to download resources instantly from online libraries such as Bookshare, NLS BARD, NFB Newsline and many more to follow. Read a book effortlessly using the HumanWare signature thumb keys, or through the enabling of Automatic scrolling that will refresh the braille display to your reading speed.
Take notes during your meeting using the KeySoft Lite editor application, KeyPad. Easily switch to your connected screen reader to send emails or a text. The ergonomic keyboard of your Brailliant BI 20X, adds to the enjoyment of writing comfortably and in near silence.
What's in the box
- Brailliant BI 20X braille display
- Nylon Carry case
- USB C cable
- USB Power supply
- Printed quick start guide
- 20 cells Braille display with cursor routing keys
- Connects to 5 Bluetooth devices and 1 USB device simultaneously
- Wake up iOS function
- Connect to participating online libraries including Bookshare, NLS BARD and NFB Newsline
- Government mode (optional on purchase)
- Exam mode
- Onboard applications powered by KeySoft Lite including Daisy BookReader and Editor
- Onboard braille translation
- File compatibility includes docx, brf, brl, txt, html and pdf
- HumanWare signature thumb keys for ergonomic reading
- 8 dot Perkins keyboard with 2 space bars
- Battery life: 20 hours
Screen reader compatibility with JAWS 18 and above, Dolphin SuperNova, NVDA, VoiceOver iOS and MAC iOS
- Editor: KeyPad
- Calculator: KeyCalc
- Date and time
- Online libraries
- Victor Reader
- French fr
- French ca
- Portuguese Brazil
- Device weight: 400 g
- Device dimensions (L x W x T): 93mm x 182mm x 23mm
- Removable battery
- 256 MB of RAM memory
- 4 GB of internal storage capacity to serve as the boot device, firmware and data storage
- Audio Codec with volume control and audio jack (currently inactive)
- Rechargeable and user replaceable Li-Ion battery (1500 mAh).
- Integrated battery charger
- USB 2.0 type C device high speed interface for connection to a computer and recharge
- USB 2.0 type A host to connect an external thumb drive
- Real Time clock with rechargeable battery backup.
- User accessible SD card socket supporting SD, SDHC and SDXC.
- 801.11b/g/n wireless module for Wi-Fi connectivity (2.4 GHz) and Bluetooth 4.2
- Vibration motor for haptic feedback
- Piezo buzzer for audible feedback
- 2-years Warranty
Brailliant BI X Getting Started Guide (docx)
Brailliant BI X User Guide (docx)
Brailliant BI X working with iOS (docx)
Brailliant BI X Getting Started Guide French (docx)