Mantis Q40 braille display
The first–of–its–kind integrated keyboard and refreshable braille display
The Mantis Q40 is the first-ever Bluetooth® QWERTY keyboard and 40-cell refreshable braille display that you can pair with your screen reader or smartphone or simply use as a standalone device. Either way, you have braille at your fingertips, every time.
- All-in-one, full-size QWERTY laptop-style keyboard and built-in 40-cell refreshable braille display – students and professionals no longer need to sacrifice the use of braille when using a keyboard.
- Supports up to 5 Bluetooth connections, along with one USB connection.
- Functions as another device’s keyboard when connected via USB or Bluetooth; functions as a stand-alone device when not connected.
- Online library access such as Bookshare.
- Toggles between QWERTY and Perkins-style input when using the onboard smart applications only. Does not apply when connected to a host device.
- Supports .doc, .docx, .txt, .brf, and .brl files.
- Thin and lightweight, easily fits in a laptop bag or backpack.
A FIRST-OF-ITS-KIND KEYBOARD AND REFRESHABLE BRAILLE DISPLAY
Keep braille at your fingertips anytime, anywhere, with the Mantis Q40: a first-of-its-kind Bluetooth® keyboard and 40-cell refreshable braille display from HumanWare and APH. With the Mantis, students and professionals no longer need to choose between a keyboard or a braille device – at the same time a professional or a student is typing on the Mantis, the refreshable braille below the keyboard is providing a multimodal braille complement to the screen reader, making it easier to participate in, and succeed at school or at work.
SIMPLE, EASY, SMART, AND ENJOYABLE
Pair the Mantis Q40 with your screen reader and laptop or smartphone. As you type on the Mantis' comfortable laptop sized keys, the refreshable braille line below the keyboard simultaneously provides braille reinforcement to your chosen screen reader via a Bluetooth or USB connection.
Use on the go as an autonomous all-in-one braille reader and notepad.
Mantis Q40 includes onboard memory and Editor application allowing you to make, save and share quick notes on the move.
Make the most of your time; Mantis' Book Reader application allows you to open and read work documents, school assignments and the latest novel from your favourite author, in crisp refreshable braille.
THE BRAILLE DISPLAY THAT ANSWERS YOUR NEEDS
HumanWare’s core mission is to offer innovative products to people with visual impairments that allow them to live independently and compete effectively in today's world. HumanWare and APH are proud to introduce Mantis Q40, an innovative tool that answers the basic needs of people with visual impairments looking for a QWERTY keyboard with a 40-cell display to use at work or at school.
What’s in the box?
- The Mantis Q40 braille display
- USB-C charging cable with power supply (works with any USB charger, but may charge slower)
- User Guide (stored on the device)
- TPU case (Green)
- Quick start guide print
Qwerty keyboard with 40 cells braille display
- Connects to 5 Bluetooth devices and 1 USB device simultaneously
- Onboard applications to be productive like Daisy book reader
- Compatible with several file formats including doc, docx, txt, brf, brl, pdf and more
- Government mode (optional on purchase)
- Exam mode
- Access to online participating libraries including Bookshare
- Onboard braille translation
- HumanWare signature thumb keys
- Battery life: 20 hours
- Date and time
- Online library
Screen reader compatibility: JAWS 18 and above, Dolphin SuperNova, NVDA, VoiceOver iOS, and MAC iOS
- French fr
- French ca
- Dutch (language only)
- Portuguese Brazil
- Device weight: 950 g (2.1 lbs)
- Device dimensions (w x d x h): 290 x 170 x 20 mm / 11.4’’ x 6.69’’ x 0.78‘’
- Removable battery
- 32-bit ARM based Cortex®-A, 536MHz processor
- 4 GB of RAM memory
- 16 GB of internal storage to serve as the boot device, firmware and data storage
- Rechargeable and user replaceable Li-Ion Battery
- USB device high speed interface for connection to a computer and recharge
- Real Time clock with battery backup
- User accessible SD card socket
- Wireless Bluetooth 4.2 module (dual mode)
- Wireless Wi-Fi module (2,4 GHz)
- Haptic feedback
- 1 - year warranty
Mantis Q40 Getting Started Guide
French Mantis Q40 Getting Started Guide