The Envoy Connect is the world's first accessible, solar-powered, compact, portable, durable, yet economical audiobook player. Easy to use with a tactile keypad makes this audio player ideal for blind and low vision users. To learn more about using Envoy Connect to read audiobooks from CELA please visit the CELA website. CELA is a library for people with print disabilities and offers more than 1 million titles to its users.
- Easy to use tactile keypad.
- Power and Play Button
- Previous (RW)/Next (FFW).
- audible volume up/down
- 8GB internal memory (30 average books).
- Micro SD card slot (up to 128GB).
- Micro USB connection.
- Internal rechargeable battery (8hr).
- Battery level notification.
- Multiple charging options (solar, USB power).
- Multifunction LED indicator.
- Powerful internal speaker.
- Stereo headphone/line-out socket.
- Audio Formats supported: MP3, WAV, WMA, OGG, and FLAC format
- Compact, lightweight and robust to take anywhere.
- Water, sand and vermin resistant.
- Integrated solar panel for charging (no batteries required).
- Simple and modern design.
- No maintenance required.
- Earbuds, USB cable and Audio tutorial are included.
Save your favorite audio books on the player's bookshelf to read anywhere. True mobility is possible thanks to the built-in solar panel and rechargeable battery. The easy-to-use Envoy Connect suits both young and old, whether it is used for recreation, education or important everyday information are all available at the press of a button.
- Player weight: 1.9 ounces (54 grams)
- Player Dimensions: 4.2" x 2.3" x 0.4" (10.6 cm x 5.9 cm x 1.1 cm)
- Battery: Replaceable Lithium-Ion polymer battery (3.7V)
- Typical battery playtime: up to 14 hours
- Typical battery charge retention: over 6 months
- Standalone device is compatible with Macs and PCs
- Warranty: 12 months (1 Year)
In the Box
- 1 x Ear buds
- 1 x Envoy Connect Player
- 1 x USB cable
- 1 x Audio tutorial
- 1 x French and English Quick User Guide
- 1 x Postage paid envelope for easy return to CELA for book loading
Using your Envoy Connect Player with CELA
To start using the Envoy Connect player to read books from CELA, simply get in touch with the CELA Contact Centre at 1-855-655-2273 or email@example.com, and provide them with the serial number for your Envoy Connect. If you are not yet a CELA patron, please visit the CELA Registration page to register for a CELA account. The Contact Centre can help with this as well if you need assistance.
To load books, you can either download the CELA Connect software (CELA Connect is designed for computers running Windows 10 and above; it does not operate on Macs. CELA Connect requires an internet connection to work.) from the CELA website onto your computer to add and delete books yourself at home, or you can mail your device to CELA using the pre-addressed envelope included when you received the player, to have books loaded for you. You can also choose to do a mixture of these options depending on your needs.
CELA Links below:
Envoy Connect Manuals and Quick Start Guides